Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I assume this is just some dumb portability mistake on my part ... or
> perhaps the fact that the functions are still using v0 fmgr convention?

Since they're v0, they'd have to explicitly know about the pass-by-ref
status of float4.

Did this patch include a compile-time choice of whether things could
remain pass-by-ref?  I rather imagine that some people out there will
prefer to stay that way instead of fix their old v0 code.

In the meantime, converting contrib/seg to v1 might be the best
solution.

            regards, tom lane