Re: BUG #4350: 'select' acess given to views containing "union all" even though user has no grants - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #4350: 'select' acess given to views containing "union all" even though user has no grants
Date
In response to Re: BUG #4350: 'select' acess given to views containing "union all" even though user has no grants  ("Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
"Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think it might be better to fix the problem in
>> pull_up_union_leaf_queries instead; given that it wasn't broken till
>> recently, I think it's arguably that function's fault.

> Not sure what you mean. pull_up_union_leaf_queries was introduced at the
> same time as the rest of the logic to pull up UNION ALL subqueries, in
> 8.2, and has been broken ever since.

I was defining 8.2 as "recent" ;-)

Seriously, I think what this shows is that piecemeal pullup is wrong in
principle, and that the right approach is always to concat the
subquery's rtable in toto to the upper level, and then go from there on
adjusting varnos.  Do you want to look into that approach?

            regards, tom lane