Re: Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #882: Cannot manually log in to database.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>>> utimes("/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432", (const struct timeval *) 0);
>>
>> Hm, do you think that's portable?

> Hm ... yes, actually I do.  I use it on HP-UX, and testing indicates
> that it works on FreeBSD, Linux, NetBSD and Tru64 as well.

Some digging about on the net revealed that there is a very similar
function utime() that is POSIX-standard, whereas utimes() is not.

Accordingly, I bit the bullet and put in a configure test to see which
one(s) we have.  With any luck, this will hold up through 7.4's port
testing.

            regards, tom lane