Re: PG 9.5.5 cores on AIX 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG 9.5.5 cores on AIX 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
"Abraham, Danny" <danny_abraham@bmc.com> writes:
> Slow machine, high stress.
> I think/hope that PG is the victim of an overstressed machine.
> Has anyone faced this issue in the past?

Not to point out the obvious, but you're evidently using parallel
queries, which was a brand new thing in 9.5; and it had its share
of teething problems.  I can't say whether updating to current
(9.5.22) would fix this particular issue, but it would definitely
fix a bunch of instabilities in that general area.

            regards, tom lane