Re: InsertPgAttributeTuple() and attcacheoff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: InsertPgAttributeTuple() and attcacheoff
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It seems to me that it would make sense if InsertPgAttributeTuple() were
> to set attcacheoff to -1 instead of taking it from the caller.

Looked this over, no objections.

I wonder whether we should set that field to -1 when we *read*
pg_attribute rows from disk, and be less fussed about what gets written
out.  The only real advantage is that this'd protect us from foolish
manual changes to pg_attribute.attcacheoff entries, but that doesn't
seem negligible.