Re: [GENERAL] Foreign Data Wrapper for filesystem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonardo M. Ramé
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Foreign Data Wrapper for filesystem
Date
List pgsql-general
El 15/02/17 a las 13:27, John McKown escribió:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Leonardo M. Ram\xC3=a9" <l.rame@griensu.com> writes:
> Hi, I'm looking for a FDW that allows listing a directory as a database
> table allowing me to check if file exists, does anyonke know if such FDW
> exists?.

Why not use pg_ls_dir()?  An FDW would be mighty awkward to use for this
purpose, even if one existed.

​It cannot be used for an arbitrary directory:
" Only files within the database cluster directory and the log_directory can be accessed. "

                        regards, tom lane

​Personally, I don't know what use such a function would be. It would be executed on the _SERVER_, not the client. And that is probably why the pg_ls_dir() is restricted. If it weren't it could be a security (or privacy) violation.​

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Well, I need to check the existence of a file from a query/procedure. After posting I remembered I could do this with plperlu, I'm installing it right now.

Regards,
--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.