Re: Getting database data from the PostgreSQL file system - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Serge Fonville
Subject Re: Getting database data from the PostgreSQL file system
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Hello, Guys! Is that kind of thing possible at all? We have a problem that our database is corrupted, and we are not able to get any table data by executing SQL requests/running the PG_Admin tool. So, we thought, maybe it is possible to retrieve data by accessing the data storage directly. The data folder of PostgreSQL is there, so, theoretically, we should be able to retrieve all we need, shouldn't we?:)

What errors exactly did you get, what commands did you do, how did you dermine the issue, have you googled.
I suspect you want to read the raw data of some sort without needing the information to interpret that data?
After googling for restore corrupted postgresql, I found http://cobaltfaqs.com/index.php/Rebuilding_corrupt_PostgreSQL_database, which may be relevant.

Perhaps you need to specify the exact error you get...

HTH.

Regards,

Serge Fonville