Re: Getting database data from the PostgreSQL file system - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Getting database data from the PostgreSQL file system
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Ewgenij Sokolovski<ewgenijkkg@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello, Guys! Is that kind of thing possible at all? We have a problem that our database is corrupted, and we are not
ableto get any table data by executing SQL requests/running the PG_Admin tool. So, we thought, maybe it is possible to
retrievedata by accessing the data storage directly. The data folder of PostgreSQL is there, so, theoretically, we
shouldbe able to retrieve all we need, shouldn't we?:)

In theory yes, in practice the tool to do it would look a lot like postgres...

What corruption symptoms are you actually seeing?

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf