Re: indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: indexes
Date
List pgsql-general
It depends how it's going to be used. If you are going to reference
this table in other tables a lot and/or rarely care about what the
name actually is, then the two-column approach is going to be more
efficient. Numbers are smaller and easier to compare than strings.