Re: upgrading postgresql84 package from rhel-x86_64-server-5 repo - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Reeve
Subject Re: upgrading postgresql84 package from rhel-x86_64-server-5 repo
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tom,

That is correct. I was hoping for the official RHEL packages. I think I'll instead put our efforts towards upgrading to
9.2and using the yum.postgresql.org repo to do so. I was hoping for some interim patches before we upgrade, but that is
notgoing to happen. Time to just do the upgrade!

Thank you for the help in figuring this one out.

Regards,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:00 PM
To: Devrim Gündüz
Cc: John Reeve; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] upgrading postgresql84 package from rhel-x86_64-server-5 repo

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Devrim_G=FCnd=FCz?= <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> http://yum.postgresql.org/8.4/redhat/rhel-5Server-x86_64/
> I can see 8.4.17 there. Maybe you checked somewhere else?

I suppose he's asking about the official RHEL packages, which indeed are only at 8.4.13.  The right way to make
somethinghappen there would be to pester his Red Hat support contact.

(Although really, since RHEL5 is now in production phase 2 which means it only gets critical updates, nothing is very
likelyto happen until a security bug comes along that RH's security team deem sufficiently interesting.  This morning's
releasesaren't likely to get that done, since the high-dollar problem isn't in 8.4.  If you want newer packages it's
probablytime to move to RHEL6.)

            regards, tom lane