Re: Performance improvements for src/port/snprintf.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Performance improvements for src/port/snprintf.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-10-03 14:01:35 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> BTW, so far as I can tell on F28, strfromd isn't exposed without
>> "-D__STDC_WANT_IEC_60559_BFP_EXT__", which seems fairly scary;
>> what else does that affect?

> So I don't think anything's needed to enable that in pg, given that we
> define _GNU_SOURCE

Ah, OK.  I thought my test case had _GNU_SOURCE defined already,
but it didn't.  You might want to do something like what I stuck
in for strchrnul, though:

/*
 * glibc's <string.h> declares strchrnul only if _GNU_SOURCE is defined.
 * While we typically use that on glibc platforms, configure will set
 * HAVE_STRCHRNUL whether it's used or not.  Fill in the missing declaration
 * so that this file will compile cleanly with or without _GNU_SOURCE.
 */
#ifndef _GNU_SOURCE
extern char *strchrnul(const char *s, int c);
#endif