Re: md5 hash on table row - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: md5 hash on table row
Date
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> I just noticed that record_out(foo) works only in 8.1.  When I have
> more time I'll see if it's possible in earlier versions.

Probably not :-(

    * src/backend/parser/parse_coerce.c: Allow implicit cast from any
    named composite type to RECORD.  At the moment this has no
    particular use except to allow table rows to be passed to
    record_out(), but that case seems to be useful in itself per recent
    example from Elein.  Further down the road we could look at letting
    PL functions be declared to accept RECORD parameters.

            regards, tom lane