Re: [HACKERS] Transaction abortions & recovery handling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Transaction abortions & recovery handling
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ed Loehr <eloehr@austin.rr.com> writes:

>> Er ... run 7.0beta ?

> Based on recent threads on this list, I have the
> impression that 7.0beta is not quite ready for production.

A fair objection, since in fact it isn't.  Moving to 7 now will probably
cost you at least one extra dump/initdb/reload cycle, since we are
likely to force another initdb before final release.  However, if the
alternative is continuing to get bit by a 6.5 bug, it seems to me that
being an early adopter of 7.0 is not such a bad choice.

I wouldn't actually suggest picking up 7.0beta1 at this point, since
we've fixed a number of flaws since then; the latest nightly snapshot
would be better.  Or you might want to wait for 7.0beta2, which should
be out in a day or two.