Re: Connections Increasing Slowly - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bee.Lists
Subject Re: Connections Increasing Slowly
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Jun 22, 2020, at 10:07 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Hmm.  If the client thinks the server dropped the connection, but the
> server thinks the connection is still live, that smells strongly of
> network-level disconnects.  Does the client let the connection sit idle
> for more than a minute or two at a time?  If so I'd bet that some firewall
> in between is deciding that the connection is dead and dropping it.
> Again, setting the server's tcp_keepalives_* settings could help fix that,
> by ensuring that the network connection sees some traffic regularly.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom.  Some more testing.

Turned off firewalld, same issue.  Some notes:

I have one simple query that’s in my activity (currently active) that’s in there 5 times.  It should have closed very
quickly,yet there’s 5 instances idling.  I have two other queries, that should have operated quickly, then closed, but
theyare idling.

tcp_keepalives* are around 3.

Any idea where to look now?

I’ve set my max_connections to 12 (4 cores * 3).

Cheers, Bee