Re: CREATEUSER == SUPERUSER? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CREATEUSER == SUPERUSER?
Date
List pgsql-patches
Yoshiyuki Asaba <y-asaba@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> The following command makes a superuser. Is this correct?

> template1=# CREATE USER xyz CREATEUSER;

Yes, read the CREATE ROLE documentation:

CREATEUSER
NOCREATEUSER

     These clauses are an obsolete, but still accepted, spelling of
     SUPERUSER and NOSUPERUSER. Note that they are not equivalent to
     CREATEROLE as one might naively expect!

> I think CREATEUSER keyword is equal to CREATEROLE.

The proposed patch breaks backward compatibility, which is the only
reason we still allow these keywords at all.

            regards, tom lane