Re: [HACKERS] TAP tests take a long time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] TAP tests take a long time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I have tried to optimize the tests maintaining the same coverage we were
> able to get with it.

This patch looks good to me: on my workstation, it reduces the total
runtime of the parallel regression tests from ~20.5 to ~16.5 seconds.
I concur that it doesn't look like it would reduce test coverage
significantly.  It gets rid of a VACUUM FULL and a REINDEX, both of
which should be equivalent to an ordinary index build so far as hash is
concerned, and it trims the volume of data being run through the test.

If no objections, I'll push this soon.