Re: Atomar SQL Statement - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Atomar SQL Statement
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Jul 7, 2006, at 14:07 , Stephan Szabo wrote:

> I don't think he is, because I don't think the issue is the SERIAL
> behavior, but instead the NOT EXISTS behavior.

I guess I should have been clearer in the issue I was addressing,
which is whether or not a separate transaction could slip in and
interrupt his transaction, which my understanding is that it can't. I
personally would handle the insert if necessary/select in a different
way, but I don't see anything necessarily wrong with his statement. I
assumed that he does have a UNIQUE constraint on the email address
field. I should definitely know better than to make assumption.
Sorry, Johann, for not addressing your complete email, but rather
just a portion of it.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net