Re: BUG #1897: dmalloc memory error on PQconnectdb - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1897: dmalloc memory error on PQconnectdb
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Wade Hampton" <wade.hampton@nsc1.net> writes:
> I have a multithreaded application using Postgresql and am testing for
> memory leaks.  I compiled and linked with dmallocth.  My PGconnect() is now
> causing a dmalloc abort.  The error appears to be a calloc of 0 elements of
> 40 bytes in libkrb5, called from libpq.

(1) Why is that a bug?  calloc of 0 elements is explicitly allowed by
the Single Unix Spec:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/calloc.html

(2) If you do think it's a bug, why are you complaining to us rather
than to the Kerberos people?

            regards, tom lane