Re: Remaining beta blockers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Remaining beta blockers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, how are we for bata packaging on Monday?  I don't see how we can do
> that until we decide on how to handle unlogged materialized views.

In the interests of moving the discussion along, attached are draft
patches to show what I think we should do in 9.3.  The first patch
disables the unlogged-matviews feature at the user level (and perhaps
could be reverted someday), while the second one moves
scannability-state storage into a pg_class column.

I had previously proposed that we keep scannability state in reloptions,
but that turns out not to be terribly easy because the relcache doesn't
store the reloptions part of the pg_class row; so this patch does it
with a new boolean column instead.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment