Re: DROP FUNCTION failure: cache lookup failed for relation X - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DROP FUNCTION failure: cache lookup failed for relation X
Date
Re: DROP FUNCTION failure: cache lookup failed for relation X
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> I've found a situation that causes DROP FUNCTION to fail (tested
> in 8.1.6, 8.2.1, and 8.3devel):

Ugh ... I haven't traced this through in detail, but I'm pretty sure
the problem arises from the fact that dependency.c traces through
auto/internal dependencies before actually starting to do the deletions
(and thus before acquiring locks).  Can we fix this without multiple
scans of the dependency tree (probably costing O(N^lots))?