Re: BUG #17925: Incorrect select query result - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17925: Incorrect select query result
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Joakim Goldkuhl <joakim.goldkuhl@cogmed.com> writes:
> Since this is corporation data I cannot provide much data in this public
> mailing list unfortunately. And I have not yet been able to reproduce this
> behaviour on dummy data.

Hm, well, please keep trying.

> Also, I should mention that the database is running on RDS, managed by AWS,
> so maybe you are not interested in looking into it in this case?

That does complicate matters, since it's hard to guess whether it's
a native Postgres bug or something Amazon introduced.  (I believe
RDS Postgres is mostly Postgres, unlike say Aurora, but there is some
secret sauce at the storage level.)  All the more reason to try to
devise a publishable test case.

            regards, tom lane