Re: Not able to grant access on pg_signal_backend on azure flexible server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Not able to grant access on pg_signal_backend on azure flexible server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/18/24 22:48, Saksham Joshi wrote:
> Hi,
> We have created an azure postgresql flexible server and we have added an
> ad admin as a user and Created our database using this admin
> user.However,When are running this command: 'Grant pg_signal_backend To
> adminUser' we are getting an error that says 'permission denied to grant
> role "pg_signal_backend".While this is strange the admin user is infact
> the owner of the said database and we don't have any other user that
> have the said privileges.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/predefined-roles.html

"PostgreSQL provides a set of predefined roles that provide access to
certain, commonly needed, privileged capabilities and information.
Administrators (including roles that have the CREATEROLE privilege) can
GRANT these roles to users and/or other roles in their environment,
providing those users with access to the specified capabilities and
information."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com