Re: maximum number of databases and / or schemas in a single database instance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben Chobot
Subject Re: maximum number of databases and / or schemas in a single database instance
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 4, 2012, at 12:24 PM, Menelaos PerdikeasSemantix wrote:

The following page:

mentions some limits but not the following:

[1] maximum number of databases per database server instance
[2] maximum number of schemas per database

Is there empirical information on whether both these values can be as high as a few hundreds? (I don't really need any more for my use case)

As a anecdote, we have a postgres cluster running a single db with ~1200 schemas, each schema having ~600 relations. Tab-completion is a little slow, but http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2012-03/msg00666.php allowed things to be quite reasonable.