Changing 'on update' actions on existing FK constraints - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Greg Cocks
Subject Changing 'on update' actions on existing FK constraints
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hello,

I set up various FK constraints to various reference / look-up tables with ‘On Update’ = ‘NO ACTION’

After working with the data, I would like some in particular to ‘On Update’ = ‘CASCADE’

I have been looking for a method to do this directly - Googling, RTFM, etc, etc with no luck…

(Have been deleting and redoing the constraints in pgAdmin – time consuming as you can imagine, potentially error prone, etc - even with the ERD to hand!)

Can this in fact be done directly on an existing FK constraint?

TIA!

----------
Regards,
GREG COCKS