Re: createlang fails w/ 'undef ref to - Mailing list pgsql-general

From OpenMacNews
Subject Re: createlang fails w/ 'undef ref to
Date
List pgsql-general
> Maybe you didn't restart your beta4-or-older postmaster after updating?
> SPI_restore_connection definitely exists in the beta5 sources ...

all ok now.

restarting wasn't doing the trick ... same errors. still able to
access/read/write to my db's but nada else.

but, looking in my logs i noted a slew of:

    FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
    DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with CATALOG_VERSION_NO
    200410111, but the server was compiled with CATALOG_VERSION_NO 200411041.
    HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.

after re-initdb'ing and restarting, all's ok with 'createlang' ... inasmuch as
i get no error & no log entries ... for all langs.

i didna realize (and apparently missed in RTFM'ing) that initdb was necessary
from beta-to-beta ...

soooo, as usual, i created my own problem :S  odd though that i was getting
fatal errors, but still able to launch the db ...

thanks for your patience & help!

cheers,

richard