Re: [HACKERS] segfault in HEAD when too many nested functions call - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] segfault in HEAD when too many nested functions call
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> ...  If we were to go this route we'd have to probably move
> the callback assignment into the ExecInit* routines, and possibly
> replace the switch in ExecInitNode() with another callback, assigned in
> make_*, and implement callbacks for ExecShutdown, MultiExecProcNode etc.

BTW, I don't see why you really need to mess with anything except
ExecProcNode?  Surely the other cases such as MultiExecProcNode are
not called often enough to justify changing them away from the
switch technology.  Yeah, maybe it would be a bit cleaner if they
all looked alike ... but if you're trying to make a patch that's
as little invasive as possible for v10, I'd suggest converting just
ExecProcNode to this style.