Re: issue with integer nullable column and value 0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sean Hsien
Subject Re: issue with integer nullable column and value 0
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I'm using CentOS 5.2 64-bits with postgres 8.1.11 + java 6u16, and
Windows Vista 32-bits with postgres 8.4.1 + java 6u13.

Here is a small code snippet that shows the problem, where the user id
value is 0:

    public void update(EntityVO vo) {
        StringBuilder sql =3D new StringBuilder();
        sql.append("UPDATE nvt_entity" +
                " SET user_id =3D ?" +
                " WHERE entity_id =3D ?");

        Object args[] =3D {
            vo.getUserId() =3D=3D -1 ? null : vo.getUserId(),
            vo.getEntityId()
        };

        getJdbcTemplate().update(sql.toString(), args);
    }

Thanks for your time.