Re: libpq sockets on win32 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq sockets on win32
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
>> This article describes the problem and work around.
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/winsock/ovrvw3_26ia.htm

> I can't read that web site under Netscape.

Comes up fine for me (maybe you need to turn off Javascript?)

However, the advice on it seems to be written by someone who does not
know the difference between a variable and a function :-(.  Read with
a large grain of salt.

We already have a couple of #ifdef'd usages of WSAGetLastError() in
libpq, but it's quite unclear which other references to errno might
need to be changed.  A blanket replacement of errno would certainly
break things.

            regards, tom lane