Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?
Date
Re: jsonpath: Missing Binary Execution Path?
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/13/24 21:46, David G. Johnston wrote:
>>> david=# select jsonb_path_query('1', '$ >= 1');
>>
>> Good point. I can't either. No way I can see to parse that as
>> a <JSON path wff>.
>
> Whether we note it as non-standard or not is an open question then, but it
> does work and opens up a documentation question.

Does the fact that it does work raise any potential concern that our
grammar is nonconformant in some way that could present a headache
somewhere else, or down the road with a later standard edition?

Regards,
-Chap