Re: pg_restore out of memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_restore out of memory
Date
List pgsql-general
Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> writes:
> Tom Lane writes:
>> Can we see the context-sizes dump that should've come out right before
>> that in the log?

> Hope this is what you are looking for.
> Included a few lines before the error in case that is of any help.

Well, that's the last few lines of what I wanted, but not the part that
was interesting :-(.  Please show all the lines that are like the "n
total in m blocks" format.  Or at least look for the one(s) that contain
large numbers...

> The table has no insert triggers, but does have a Foreign-key constraint.
> "message_attachments_message_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (message_id) REFERENCES
> messages(message_id)

Hmm, you may well be blowing out the deferred-foreign-key-check list.
But pg_dump normally orders its operations so that the data is loaded
before trying to set up FK constraints.  Are you perhaps trying to do a
data-only restore?

            regards, tom lane