Re: Alpha 1 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Alpha 1 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Also, does the ADD/DROP COLUMN plpgsql patch fix any cases other than
> RETURNS QUERY?  I can't tell from the patch.

Yes, I believe it does, but hadn't bothered to work up any test cases.
The places it touched in plpgsql are* returning a single composite value* returning a tuple from a trigger function*
assignmentto a record variable* RETURN QUERY

I think that the trigger function case would usually work (since you'd
generally be doing RETURN NEW or RETURN OLD which should have dead
columns in the right places already) but the other two were probably
just as problematic as RETURN QUERY.