Re: pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Дмитрий Воронин
Subject Re: pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>  It's a problem. See this recent discussion:
>  http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20150710115735.GH26521@alap3.anarazel.de

Postgresmen, we have a SQL function "current_database", which can be called by statement "SELECT CURRENT_CATALOG".

If we will use CURRENT_CATALOG keyword, we can update syntax of COMMENT statement:

COMMENT ON DATABASE CURRENT_CATALOG IS 'comment';

And pg_dump will create this line for database. What are you think about this idea? Later, I send a patch with it.

P.S. Maybe we can apply this mechanism for dumping SECURITY LABEL statetment.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Voronin