Re[2]: [SQL] abs value, power, sqrt - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sferacarta Software
Subject Re[2]: [SQL] abs value, power, sqrt
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello Bob,

sabato, 21 novembre 98, you wrote:

BS> On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Michael Olivier wrote:

BS> :Hi folks,
BS> :
BS> :I previously posted this to pgsql-novice but haven't gotten an answer,
BS> :so I thought I'd try here.
BS> :
BS> :I need a way to get abs value of a floating point number and (possibly
BS> :separate function for) abs value of an integer in a select statement.
BS> :Is there a function to do this? If not, how can I write a function to
BS> :do it?
BS> :
BS> :Also how do I do squares and square roots? I saw some \|/ type notation
BS> :for square root in an SQL book, but I didn't get postgres to take that.

funct    PostgreSQL              result                remarks
ABS:    select @ -12            12                    absolute value
MODULE: select 100 % 3          1                     module
POWER:  select dpow(12,2)       144                   power
ROUND:  select dround(12.7)     13                    round
SQRT:   select dsqrt(144)       12                    square root
TRUNC:  select dtrunc(1.2)      1                     truncate int value
ROOT3:  select dcbrt(27)        3                     cube root
LOG:    select dlog1(100)       4.60517018598809      logarithm
EXP:    select dexp(2)          7.38905609893065      exponent

Jose'