Error with temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Claire McLister
Subject Error with temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

  I'm using a pgsql function  that begins by creating a temporary
table, does some processing, and then drops the temporary table just
before exiting. It has been working fine for a while now, but
suddenly complains for some calls that "Relation with OID" does not
exist, at the point when it is executing the DROP table command.

  The general scheme is as follows:

  CREATE FUNCTION Foo(Integer) AS
  '
    BEGIN
       CREATE Temporary Table Bar AS (a left outer join of two tables)
           Do processing
       DROP Table Bar;
       RETURN 1;
    END
  '

  This is for Postgresql version 7.4.8

  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Should I try to use 'ON
COMMIT DROP' instead?

  Thanks

Claire

  --