Re: BUG #11986: psql uses pager inside Emacs shell buffer (not a terminal) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #11986: psql uses pager inside Emacs shell buffer (not a terminal)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Do we really hardcode more/less?  I thought we just used whatever $PAGER
> is set to.

Yeah, if PAGER is set.  If not, we fall back to some wired-in default.
But I think the proposal here is to let an emacs-related environment
variable override whether we use a pager at all.

> BTW another thing you could try is
> export PAGER=cat
> from within Emacs.

True.  That would have the advantage of fixing more stuff than just psql,
so there's some attraction to doing that instead of hacking psql.

            regards, tom lane