Problem with cygipc __getreent - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From crobinsonusa@earthlink.net
Subject Problem with cygipc __getreent
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi. I read the docs and saw I needed cygipc to use PGsql under w32. I installed Cygipc using cygwin's setup program.
Whentrying to run ipctest, I get:

"The procedure entry point __getreent could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin.dll"

I googled for the error, found nothing. Found cygipc was depreciated and got a bunch of broken links to that effect.

Trying initdb anyway gives the error:
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... IpcSemaphoreCreat
e: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not implemented

Tried on 2 machines, both Win2000, one has SP3
Cygipc 2.00-2
Cygwin 1.3.22-1
Postgresql 7.3.3-1

Thanks for the help. I thought this was appropriate here as pgsql is the only major user of cygipc as far as I can
tell.If not, please direct me elsewhere.

Charles Robinson