Re: [HACKERS] DROP TABLE leaks file descriptors - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] DROP TABLE leaks file descriptors
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> AFAIC the patch by Ole Gjerde [gjerde@icebox.org] which has already
>> been appiled by Bruce Momjan would solve this problem.

> I thought that patch was just for multi-segment tables, which does not
> fix the original problem.

But didn't Ole replace a call to FileNameUnlink with a call to mdunlink
(or some other higher level routine)?  If mdunlink also closes the VFD
for the index, then that patch might indeed have fixed it.  I'll try
the test case I had, and report back.