Re: Problems with extended-Query logging code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Problems with extended-Query logging code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6-Sep-06, at 6:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
>> On 6-Sep-06, at 6:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> * It doesn't log the values of parameters sent in binary mode, which
>>> is something that at least JDBC needs.
>
>> AFAIK,  we don't need binary mode right away, currently we only send
>> bytea parameters in binary mode
>
> I thought somebody had mentioned that integers were also sent in
> binary
> in the latest driver code?  Can't find the archive entry right now
> though.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Checking the source code

boolean isBinary(int index) {        // Currently, only StreamWrapper uses the binary parameter
form.        return (paramValues[index -1] instanceof StreamWrapper);    }

So for now if we concentrate on text parameters, binary parameters
would be superfluous for the moment.

Dave