Re: WIP: push AFTER-trigger execution into ModifyTable node - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: push AFTER-trigger execution into ModifyTable node
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Tiikkaja <marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi> writes:
> I've previously thought about making the CTE aware of the LIMIT,
> similarly to a top-N sort, but I don't think it's worth it.

That approach doesn't lead to a solution because then you could *never*
optimize it.  The protocol-level limit option is always present.

It's conceivable that we could have ExecutorEnd forcibly run any DML
CTEs to the end (and fire their triggers?) before shutting down the
executor, but it seems like a kluge.