Re: BUG #1916: selection criteria from one outer join on clause applied to other joins - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #1916: selection criteria from one outer join on clause applied to other joins
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Any idea on when a fix might be available, or what
> conditions must exist in a query for this failure to occur?

It would be fairly easy to fix just by disabling all consideration
of deducing anything from outer-join conditions.  I want to think
a little more about whether we can be less drastic, but that might
be what ends up going into the back branches.  In any case you can
expect to see fixes in 8.0.4 et al.

            regards, tom lane