Re: [HACKERS] strange behavior of UPDATE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] strange behavior of UPDATE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Edmund Mergl <E.Mergl@bawue.de> writes:
> When loading 100.000 rows into the table
> everything works ok. Selects and updates
> are reasonable fast. But when loading
> 1.000.000 rows the select statements still
> work, but a simple update statement
> shows this strange behavior.

Can you provide a script or something to reproduce this behavior?

There are a number of people using Postgres with large databases
and not reporting any such problem, so I think there has to be some
special triggering condition; it's not just a matter of things
breaking at a million rows.  Before digging into it, I'd like to
eliminate variables like whether I have the right test case.