Re: Packed short varlenas, what next? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Denis Lussier
Subject Re: Packed short varlenas, what next?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
BenchmarkSQL is open source, but, I don't think anyone has published version 5.2 yet on pgFoundry.   Amongst other goodies, version 5.2 allows for the running of Java based tpcC and/or tpcB like benchmarks from the command line or the cutsie gui.   We've also added consistency checks to the end of the tpc-c run (which mysql always fails).

Affan is coming out shortly with version 5.3, he'll publish by early next week.

As a side note and different topic:  The tpcB is an example of a verrryy disk intensive little transaction.  Running it with a mocked up version COMMIT NOWAIT produces a 4x performance increase for disk setups where fsync is not "free".

--Luss