Re: walsender bug: stuck during shutdown - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: walsender bug: stuck during shutdown
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2020/11/25 0:07, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2020-Nov-24, Fujii Masao wrote:
>
>> Thanks for working on this!
>> Could you tell me the discussion thread where Chloe Dives reported the issue to?
>> Sorry I could not find that..
>
> It was not public -- sorry I didn't make that clear.
>
>> I'd like to see the procedure to reproduce the issue.
>
> Here's the script.

Thanks!

But whether MyWalSnd->write is InvalidRecPtr or not, if it's behind sentPtr,
walsender should keep waiting for the ack to all the sent message to be
replied, i.e., isn't this expected behavior of normal shutdown? That is,
if we want to shutdown walsender even when the client side doesn't
reply message, immediate shutdown should be used or the client side
should be terminated, instead?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao