Re: [bug] Logical Decoding of relation rewrite with toast does not reset toast_hash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Drouvot, Bertrand
Subject Re: [bug] Logical Decoding of relation rewrite with toast does not reset toast_hash
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Amit,

On 8/10/21 1:59 PM, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Hi Amit,
>
> On 8/9/21 1:12 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 3:37 PM Drouvot, Bertrand
>> <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Amit,

>>> Thanks for looking at it!
>>>
>>> I do agree, that would be even better than the current patch approach:
>>> I'll work on it.

>>> + 1 for the test case, it will be added in the next version of the
>>> patch.
>>>
>> Thanks, please see, if you can prepare patches for the back-branches
>> as well.
>
> Please find attached the new version that:
>
> - sets "relwrewrite" for the toast.
>
> - contains a new test case.

The first version of the patch contained a change in
ReorderBufferToastReplace() (to put the call to
RelationIsValid(toast_rel) and display the error message when it is not
valid before the call to ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()).

That way we also avoid the failed assertion described in the first
message of this thread (but would report the error message instead).

Forgot to mention that I did not add this change in the new patch
version as I’m thinking it would be better to create another patch for
that purpose (as not really related to toast rewrite), what do you think?

Thanks
Bertrand