Re: [HACKERS] Letting the client choose the protocol to use during aSASL exchange - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Letting the client choose the protocol to use during aSASL exchange
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Letting the client choose the protocol to use during aSASL exchange  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/11/2017 02:32 PM, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:
>      So I still see your proposal more awkward and less clear, mixing
> things that are separate. But again, your choice  :)

So, here's my more full-fledged proposal.

The first patch refactors libpq code, by moving the responsibility of
reading the GSS/SSPI/SASL/MD5 specific data from the authentication
request packet, from the enormous switch-case construct in
PQConnectPoll(), into pg_fe_sendauth(). This isn't strictly necessary,
but I think it's useful cleanup anyway, and now that there's a bit more
structure in the AuthenticationSASL message, the old way was getting
awkward.

The second patch contains the protocol changes, and adds the
documentation for it.

- Heikki