Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations, t - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations, t
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Amit Kapila <akapila@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations, take 2.

> I think this patch still has some issues.

Just out of curiosity ... how can it possibly be even a little bit sane
that fsm_local_map is a single static data structure, without even any
indication of which table it is for?

If, somehow, there's a rational argument for that design, why is it
not explained in freespace.c?  The most charitable interpretation of
what I see there is that it's fatally undercommented.