Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.)
Date
In response to Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)  (Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me>)
List pgsql-hackers
Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
> On 2017-05-22 01:50, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Being lazy, I just wiped my copy and re-cloned, but it still seems the
>> same as before ... last commit on the pass3 branch is from Mar 4.
>> What branch should I be paying attention to?

> pass3 is the right branch. A fresh clone should have worked as in the
> attached log.

Ah, I now see that the code did change, I'd just been confused by
the "git log" history.

Small thought: shouldn't your updated code in pr_comment be changed to

-                   for (t_ptr = e_com + len - 1; t_ptr > e_com; t_ptr--)
+                   for (t_ptr = e_com + len - 1; t_ptr >= e_com; t_ptr--)

Perhaps it's impossible for the character right at e_com to be a space,
but there seems no need for this loop to assume that.