Re: collation from an external file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: collation from an external file
Date
List pgsql-novice
nikybolzo <nikybolzo@yahoo.it> writes:
> I'm new of the world postgresql, so please help me. I can't understand how
> to define a new collation from an external file. I have a DB and i have to
> define a new collection for all the column so i try to use:
> CREATE COLLATION mycollation FROM "it-IT"
> but i don't know how to add my cases of preferences ( preferences example:
> b     B, c     C,d     D,e     E,é     É)

That's not really our department: Postgres just uses the operating
system's locale support for collations.  You'd need to read up on
your system's facilities for creating locale definitions.  On Linux,
"man localedef" would be a starting point; dunno about other systems.

            regards, tom lane