Re: [BUGS] BUG #14897: Segfault on statitics SQL request - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14897: Segfault on statitics SQL request
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 11 November 2017 at 09:39, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> My laptop uses Arch, and I can see the crash easily when compiling
>> with gcc 7.2 which is the one bundled in the core package set

> Yes, I forgot to mention, that I also used quite recent version of gcc
> (GCC) 8.0.0 20170805 (experimental).

Would you guys who are seeing the problem note whether the address of
the int128 field is 16-aligned, or only 8-aligned?

Also, it'd be real useful to see some disassembly around the point of
the crash, so that we can check whether the compiler is using SIMD
instructions.  (Or just get the compiler to generate a numeric.s file
with -S.)

I'm pretty suspicious that this is where the problem is, but it would
be good to have confirmation before we put effort into a fix.