Re: Sql-bench - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Sql-bench
Date
List pgsql-general
"Jason J. Czerak" <Jason-Czerak@Jasnik.net> writes:
> Anyone here ever try to run MySQL's  'crash-me' benchmark
> agained Postgresql?  I did. it said it ran out of memeory.

Last time I tried to run crash-me against PG (7.0.something),
Postgres was just fine but the perl process running the crash-me
script expanded past the kernel's per-process memory limit and
crashed.  Their scheme for detecting the maximum allowable query
length is evidently not very bulletproof.

I had to reduce the script's $max_buffer_size setting to "+1000000"
to get it to run to completion.

In short, it's crash-me that's crashing, not Postgres.
Pretty funny...

            regards, tom lane